Length: 17 credits
Purpose: This program is designed for the student interested in pursuing a career as an Emergency Medical Technician-Advanced to work in a variety of health service facilities and/or desires to advance in EMS educational pathways by pursuing advanced EMS certifications.
Employment Objectives: Employment opportunities for the Emergency Medical Technician - Advanced include pre-hospital EMS/medical transport agencies, hospital emergency departments, and volunteer agencies.
Potential Certification: After successful of completion of the Emergency Medical Technician-Advanced course, student will be eligible to sit for the NREMT-Advanced certification exam. After successful completion of CPR students will be certified from American Heart Association as a BLS Provider.
Program Learning Outcomes: The student will be able to:
• demonstrate ability to apply knowledge and skill required to practice as an Emergency Medical Technician-Advanced; and
• master clinical skill competencies.
Physical Requirements: The student must be able to:
• verbally communicate in person, via telephone and telecommunications using the English language;
• hear spoken information from co-workers, patients, physicians and dispatchers and in sounds common to the emergency scene;
• ability to lift, carry, balance up to 125 pounds (250 with assistance);
• ability to interpret and respond to written, oral, and diagnostic form instructions;
• read road maps, drive vehicle, accurately discern street signs and address numbers;
• read medication/ prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate, and expedient manner;
• communicate verbally with patients and significant others in diverse cultural and age groups to interview patient, family members, and bystanders;
• discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient’s condition and to the treatment given;
• document, in writing, all relevant information in prescribed format in light of legal ramifications of such;
• perform with good manual dexterity all tasks related to advanced emergency patient care and documentation;
• bend, stoop, balance, and crawl on uneven terrain;
• withstand varied environmental conditions such as extreme heat, cold, and moisture.
Financial Requirements: In addition to the usual college tuition and fees, this program requires additional expenses.
Approximate costs include:
|Criminal background check