Purpose: The purpose of the CNC Lathe Operator Career Studies Certificate is to help entry-level employees in the precision machining related trades to obtain skills with emphasis on manual lathe, mill work, and an introduction to CNC lathe programming and operation.
Occupational Objective: Graduates of this program will have:
- Basic occupational skills for the Precision Machining professions.
- Basic skills and understanding of manual lathe and mill systems and terminology.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for machining trade occupations.
- Basic skills and understanding of CNC Lathe systems and terminology.
- Occupational preparation skills for employment.
Industrial Credentials: Students will have an opportunity to earn:
- NIMS Measurement, Material, and Safety
- NIMS Turning Operations
Program Description: The program is designed to develop a general foundation in Precision Machining trades with an emphasis on manual lathe, mill, and CNC lathe.
Feeder Program: This certificate feeds into Danville Community College’s Precision Machine Technology, and Integrated Machining Technology.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of the CNC Lathe Operator Career Studies Certificate will be able to:
- Understand precision machining tools, terminology and systems
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and symbols
- Use various measuring tools and equipment
- Know and apply safety requirements for machining trades