Current Job Opportunities
Gainful Employment Information
Length: 31 credits
Purpose: This program is designed to provide additional knowledge and skills for persons seeking immediate employment in local business and those who wish to become better prepared to operate their own small business.
Occupational Objectives: Employment opportunities might include assistant department head, office manager, small business manager or assistant manager.
Admission Requirements: Students must meet the general admission requirements established by the college. Students with deficiencies in English or mathematics must complete appropriate developmental education courses. Students with deficiencies in computer skills will complete additional coursework.
Curriculum Requirements: Students must satisfactorily complete each of the requirements listed below in order to be awarded this certificate.
Program Learning Outcomes: A student will be able to:
- demonstrate effective written communication skills in a business setting;
- apply mathematical reasoning skills to formulate and solve problems;
- describe and use general business knowledge and skills, including managerial and supervisory concepts;
- apply the principles of financial accounting;
- demonstrate proficiency in personal computer operations and applications;
- demonstrate accepted ethical behaviors and interpersonal skills that reflect an understanding of diversity and teamwork; and
- describe contemporary approaches to management and methods to create a positive work environment.