Current Job Opportunities
Gainful Employment Information
Length: 39 credits
Purpose: The curriculum is designed to provide skills and knowledge in general and specialized welding.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrates ability of Skills in FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding);
- Demonstrates ability of Skills in GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding);
- Demonstrates ability of Skills in SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding).
Potential Certification: A student may elect to take an industry-specific certification exam. The examinations generally require a testing fee paid by the student. After completion of this program, a student will be academically prepared to take the following examination:
- American Welding Society FCAW D1.1 Structural Welding Code;
- American Welding Society SMAW D1.1 Structural Welding Code;
- American Welding Society GMAW D1.1 Structural Welding Code.
Occupational Objectives: Employment opportunities for graduates of this program might include welding specialist, welding assistant, self-employment and industrial maintenance.