Length: 62 credits
Purpose: This program provides knowledge and skills leading to immediate employment in the area of management within a small to mid-size business or retail setting. People who are seeking their first employment or wish to qualify for promotion in a present position or to another field may benefit from this program.
Occupational Objectives: Graduates of this program may qualify for positions in general management, manufacturing or industrial management, customer service, sales management or retail management.
Potential Certification: A student may elect to take an industry-specific certification exam. Examinations generally require a testing fee paid by the student. After completion of this program, a student will be academically prepared to take the following exam:
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) - Excel.
Program Learning Outcomes: A student will be able to:
- demonstrate minimum proficiency in General Education Skills which are defined as oral communication, written communication, mathematical/problem solving, scientific reasoning, information literacy, and critical thinking;
- outline the decision making process for managers using various decision making techniques;
- demonstrate the ability to gather, interpret, and disseminate financial information; and
- demonstrate acceptable workplace skills, attitudes, and behaviors.