Length: 67 credits
Purpose: Individuals who are seeking their first employment or those who wish to qualify for promotion in a present position or to another field, including self-employment, may benefit from this program. Students will be provided with technical knowledge and skill in Web page design, Internet programming, Internet database design, and related topics. This program provides skills to develop and design Web pages, use programming languages to develop Web pages, and be familiar with Internet protocols, security, and applications.
Employment Objectives: Completion of this program may lead to employment or career advancement in any of a wide variety of positions such as Web page designer, Internet programmer, IT Security Engineer, or Web author. Primary tasks and functions graduates will be able to perform include the ability to analyze,design, and secure Web pages using Internet programming languages, test and implement programs on the Web, develop Web pages, develop Internet databases, and manage the technical duties related to Internet services.
Potential Certification: A student may elect to take a certification exam. The examinations generally require a testing fee paid by the student. After completion of this program, a student will be academically prepared to take the following examinations:
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) - CIW Associate.
- Certiport, Inc. - IC3.
- Security +.
Program Learning Outcomes: A student will be able to:
- demonstrate minimum proficiency in General Education Skills which are defined as oral communication, written communication, mathematical/problem solving, scientific reasoning, information literacy, and critical thinking;
- demonstrate proficiency with computer hardware, software, operating systems, and business applications;
- demonstrate acceptable workplace skills, attitudes, and behaviors; and
- design and develop a website using professional principles and standards.