Length: 18 credits
Purpose: The purpose of the Machining Technician Career Studies Certificate is to help entry-level employees in the precision machining related trades obtain skills with emphasis on manual lathe and mill work. Student’s meeting the CSC requirements will have entry level skills in the following occupational areas: Manual Lathe Machinist, Manual Mill Machinist.
Occupational Objective: Graduates of this program will have:
- Basic occupational skills for the Precision Machining professions.
- Basic skills and understanding of manual lathe and mill systems and terminology.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for machining trade occupations.
- Occupational preparation skills for employment.
Industrial Credentials: Students will have an opportunity to earn: NIMS Measurement, Material, and Safety
Feeder Program: This certificate feeds into Danville Community College’s Precision Machine Technology, and Integrated Machining Technology Programs.
Program Outcomes: Graduates of the Machining Skills Certificate will be able to:
- Understand precision machining tools, terminology and systems
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and symbols
- Use various measuring tools and equipment
- Know and apply safety requirements for machining trades